This is an informational resource on hot mix asphalt (HMA). It contains a general overview of all HMA aspects. It is intended to assist those who work with HMA in any way including architects, engineers, contractors, students, and homeowners.
- Pavement Checklist
- Pavement Distress
- Top-Down Cracking
- Asphalt Institute. (2001). HMA Construction. Manual Series No. 22 (MS-22). Asphalt Institute. Lexington, KY.
- ASTM D 6433 – Standard Practice for Roads and Parking Lots Pavement Condition Index Surveys. From American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). (2000). Annual Book of ASTM Standards, Section four: Construction. vol. 4.03. American Society for Testing and Materials. West Conshohocken, PA.
- Transportation Research Board (TRB). (2000). Hot-Mix Asphalt Paving Handbook 2000. Transportation Research Board, National Research Council. Washington, D.C.
- Asphalt Paving Association of Iowa (APAI). (no date given). Asphalt Paving Design Guide. APAI. West Des Moines, IA. http://www.apai.net.
- Roberts, F.L., Kandhal, P.S., Brown, E.R., Lee, D.Y., and Kennedy, T.W. (1996). Hot Mix Asphalt Materials, Mixture Design, and Construction. National Asphalt Paving Association Education Foundation. Lanham, MD.