COLLECTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
The collection of personally identifiable information is required in order for Pavia to provide Pavia Services. However, Pavia does not share your personally identifiable information with any other party except in the provision of Pavia Services with notice to you identifying such other party by name, location, and contact. The following are certain situations in which Pavia may collect personally identifiable information about you:
2. Pavia may collect personally identifiable information from you to register you for an electronic newsletter. When you register online with Pavia, Pavia asks for personally identifiable information such as your name, address, e-mail address, occupation, industry, and other demographic information.
3. If you send Pavia personal correspondence, such as e-mails or letters, or if other users or third parties send Pavia correspondence about your activities or postings on the Site, Pavia may choose to collect such information into a file specific to you.
4. Pavia may receive your personally identifiable information from one or more of Pavia’s business partners.
USE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Pavia does not share, loan, rent or sell your personally identifiable information except as required to provide Pavia Services. The following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business to provide Pavia Services:
1. Pavia may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes. However, in these situations, Pavia does not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally. Information such as your name, e-mail address, password, and credit and banking information, are not disclosed to these third parties in a personally identifiable manner without your explicit consent.
2. There may be services offered by third parties that Pavia refers to as third party service providers that may be complementary to your use of the Site. If you choose to use these third party services, disclose information to third party service providers, and/or grant them permission to collect information about you, then their use of your information is governed by the privacy policies of such third parties. Pavia does not disclose your personally identifiable information to third party service providers unless you provide your explicit consent. With your consent, Pavia may provide some of your personal information to third party service providers offering such services, for your convenience. To prevent Pavia’s disclosure of your personally identifiable information to a third party service provider, you can decline such consent or simply not use their services. Because Pavia does not control the privacy practices of these third parties, you should evaluate their practices before deciding to use their services.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Pavia reserves the right (and you authorize Pavia) to share or disclose your personally identifiable information when Pavia determines, in its sole discretion, that the disclosure of your personally identifiable information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against you if:
2. You are interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, Pavia’s rights or property;
3. You are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation;
4. Necessary or required by any applicable law, rule or regulation; and/or
5. Requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency.
THIRD-PARTY AD NETWORKS
Users in the United States may opt out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt-out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
Online Behavioral Advertising and How You Can Opt-Out
We may work with third-party advertising companies who may utilize cookies and web beacons, and data collected on our services, to customize advertisements to you on our services, as well as on other websites or mobile applications in their networks beyond our services. Among other things, these customized advertisements may advertise our products and services and third party products and services on websites or mobile applications not affiliated with us. Some of these ads are online behavioral advertising – which serve advertisements that are more likely to be of interest to you using non-personal behavioral information. Such ads may contain cookies that allow monitoring of websites and mobile applications (including our own services) and your response to such advertisements. Cookies or web beacons placed by these companies do not collect personal information, and the third-party advertising companies do not have access to or use your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number or other personal information; they may however, anonymously track your usage across our services and other websites or mobile applications in their networks. We limit companies that place our ads from using information for any purpose other than to assist us in our advertising efforts.
For more information about these third-party advertising companies’ privacy policies, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s website at http://www.networkadvertising.org. If you prefer to not receive targeted advertising, you can opt-out of network advertising programs that use your information. To do so, please visit: the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page.
CHANGES TO INFORMATION AND USE PREFERENCES
You may at any time request a copy of Pavia’s record of your personally identifiable information, change your personally identifiable information or use preferences, or opt-out of Pavia’s use of your personally identifiable information by contacting Pavia via any of the methods set forth below:
Mail: Pavia Systems, Inc.
2101 Fourth Avenue, Suite 1260
Seattle, WA 98121
Attention: Information Changes
Telephone: Telephone: 206.428.3094
Fax: Facsimile: 206.428.7114
Email: [email protected]
NEWSLETTERS AND CAN-SPAM COMPLIANCE
Pavia will send only verified, double-opt-in e-mail newsletters, if any, specifically requested by users of the Site. Subscriptions to Pavia newsletters are verified by sending an e-mail confirmation to your e-mail address, which requires a positive response before an e-mail address is added to Pavia’s electronic newsletter subscription list. Pavia is compliant with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003 (“CAN-SPAM”).
” Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive. Pavia may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you and enable us to provide Pavia Services. Pavia also gathers anonymous information about its users through cookie technology on an aggregate level. Such aggregated information is used solely within Pavia’s internal organization and is not shared with third parties.
Personally identifiable information you submit to Pavia is password-protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas Pavia uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. In the unlikely event that an unauthorized third party compromises Pavia security measures, Pavia will not be responsible for any damages directly or indirectly caused by an unauthorized third party’s ability to view, use or disseminate such information. Pavia will notify you in the event it becomes aware of an unauthorized use or compromise of your personally identifiable information and will take reasonable measures to limit further unauthorized use or compromise.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITE
The Site is intended to be accessed and used only by adults and is not directed to children under the age of 18. Pavia does not knowingly permit registration or submission of personally identifiable information by anyone under the age of 18.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS